Think Las Vegas has had it as a holiday destination, or is off the radar as a traveler? Think again. Vegas has lots to do, lots of fun, and it can all be done on a simple budget. Miss Las Vegas as your peril!
The Las Vegas Lowdown
To the traveler or casual holidaymaker Vegas might seem like an odd choice. Cliched, overdone and to be avoided? Ask almost any season traveler and they tell you that they did visit Vegas, and they had a ball. That’s because Las Vegas is one of the special places with a unique culture and a list of must dos. They’re the places we visit when we travel right?
Here are the Las Vegas essentials you need to know:
- Things to do – Vegas has so much to do, you’ll struggle to fit it all in on a single visit.
- Weather – fantastic weather all year around.
- Free – lots of stuff in Vegas is free! Not only things to see, but even food and drink can be free or nearly free when you visit casinos.
- Accommodation – with so many hotels jostling for your business hotels prices are low, and the hotel standards are great.
- Transport – You rarely need transport once you’re in Vegas. If you’re traveling you can easily get in and out of Vegas with cheap buses and flights. If your driving you can easily park up at your hotel. There are even a choice of campsites.
Must dos in Las Vegas
Image by Nadavspi
- Gamble – the obvious thing to do in Vegas. You don’t need to be a seasoned pro to join in, and you don’t need to gamble your kids college fun. It’s a lot of fun just to play the fruit machines. Find a game you like, set a limit and join in. It’s great just mingling with those who are gambling.
- Hover Dam – not actually in Vegas, but so close you’ve got to see it whilst you’re there.
- Bellagio Fountain Show – the incredible fountain show at the famous Bellagio hotel.
- Southern Nevada Zoological Botanical Park – Southern Nevada Zoological-Botanical Park has over 150 species of animals and plants.
- Flamingo Garden – A 15-acre garden with Flamingos and other exotic birds, as well as koi and turtles.
- Ride a Gondola at The Venetian Hotel – As close as you’ll get to Venice without being in Venice!
- Kayak Trips from Kayak Las Vegas – Paddle the Colorado River from the base of Hoover Dam to Willow Beach Arizona, hike to hot springs from the river. Paddle to island beaches for a swim at Lake Mead.
- Helicopter Tours – Helicopter tours that will take you deep into the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon or soaring above the neon lights and mega resorts of the Las Vegas Strip, as well as helicopter tours that include rafting down the Colorado River.
- World-Class Circus Acts at Circus Circus – From 11am, every half-hour. Aerialists, jugglers, acrobats and trapeze artists take the stage at the world’s largest permanent circus daily.
- Cirque du Soleil shows – Las Vegas hosts 7 very popular Cirque du Soleil shows.
- David Copperfield at the MGM Grand – One of the world’s most famous magicians. Some of his best known illusions are making the Statue of Liberty disappear, walking through the Great Wall of China and flying over the audience.
- Get Married – Las Vegas is the wedding capital of the world! This is surely one of the cheapest ways of getting married. Might upset your parents if they’re not their though!
Holidays in Las Vegas
If your appetite is wetted and you are considering a visit then look around for Las Vegas Holidays. There are lots of great packages that give you great flights with a fantastic hotel that will make your visit to Vegas even more memorable. A holiday package is by far the easiest way to visit and enjoy Las Vegas.