- Temples – some of the worlds brightest and pretiest temples are
to be found in Vientine. You’re likely to see buddhist monks
going about their daily chores around their religious homes.
- Swimming – if it gets too much on hot days take a swim, Vientiane has several options
- The Vientiane Swimmers pool opposite the National Stadium,
close to the center of town. A clean and tidy pool with changing
rooms and refreshments. 10,000Kip per person. Open 8am to
- Sokpaluang Swimming Pool is further south, outside of the main
town. It’s a 25m pool for serious swimmers. 6,000Kip per
- Settha Palace Hotel has a very luxurious pool and shaded lounging area. It costs US$7.50 per person though.
Joe’s Guest House
Friendly and helpful staff run this clean guesthouse. Everything is very clean, but the rules
are a bit strict, and the beds are pretty hard. Towels are provided. They offer just
about every travler service including laudry, bus tickets and visas to
Vietnam, China and Cambodia. Bicycles are available for rent downstairs. Double room with shared bathroom is
80,000Kip, with private bathroom is 110,000Kip. They also have
single rooms. Book ahead as it gets busy.