I just finished drinking a cup of coffee, which I realised is something I miss from home. So this got me thinking about what I do and don’t miss from home.
- I miss my girlfriend, but I’m meeting her in 2 weeks, and then we travel for 5 months together 🙂
- I miss checking my emails in the morning over a coffee. I check my emails here every few days, but it’s not the same.
- I miss sleeping in my own bed, but I love waking up in a tropical beach hut, or with in a new city, town or temple to explore.
- I love reading when traveling, but I don’t miss television.
- I miss having my own transport, but I love watching foreign landscapes whizzing by on an Indian train.
- I miss surfing, but I love swimming in warm tropical waters.
- I love the cheap cost of living, but I miss the convenience of fixed prices (I don’t like having to haggle).
- I miss my big music collection, but I love hearing forgotten albums on my MP3 player.
- I don’t miss English winters, but I do miss a warm comfortable bed on surprisingly chilly tropical nights.
- I do miss catching up with my friends and family, but it makes it more exciting when I get home.
I love traveling…..